For those of you not able to make it to Ignite, here are my notes and highlights from the day.
Quick take aways
- “Identity is the new perimeter”
- All Azure, all day – no MIM sessions
- Security and EMS front and center day 1
- Good-bye Silverlight in new integrated EMS console previewed in breakout session
- Mobile Application Management (MAM) vs. MDM drives users acceptance of device protection
Morning Keynote Highlights
- Yeah Microsoft!
- Satya and Adobe announce new cloud services based on Azure
- Scott Guthrie gives good overview of Azure successes with showcase customers
Favorites from today
- Windows Hello – use your face as a password, very cool. I actually saw this in action with a fellow attendee who has this working on his real work machine. Good by passwords, but how do you reset your face?
- Got a pass to try a real world Hololens on day 2. I am really looking forward to trying this out.
Other cool stuff
- EMS policies to restrict copy and paste from restricted apps demoed
- Intune Powershell to be released soon and opens interesting scenario to wipe phones when users terminated. Might be a nice tie in with Powershell MA